Corporate Social Responsibility
Our clients, residents and associates are integral to the success of our citizenship and sustainability efforts. Every day, they find ways to enrich the lives of people in the neighborhoods and cities surrounding our communities by giving back to those less fortunate and supporting our company-wide commitment to green initiatives. As the largest developer and the seventh largest multifamily property manager in the country, we recognize that our real estate survives for generations. We have a responsibility to be good stewards of the land we develop, the properties we manage and the communities we live in.
NEW! Our 2016 Citizenship + Sustainability Report presents an in-depth look at all our efforts and progress to date. By sharing our collective accomplishments and goals, we hope to further unify our sustainability and citizenship efforts and inspire and drive continued performance. Click here to read the 2016 Citizenship + Sustainability Report for further details.
Alliance is committed to sustainable business practices. Our focus is to minimize the impact we have on the environment, provide healthy and efficient homes and offices, control operating expenses, drive savings and promote environmental awareness to our stakeholders. Click here to learn more about our “7 Ways to Focus Green.”
- All initiatives are guided by our in-house sustainability department.
- Many of our green initiatives reduce operating costs.
- Incorporating energy-efficient lighting and Energy Star appliances adds value for today’s renters, who are increasingly willing to pay higher rents for features that translate to utility cost savings and a healthier home.
- Using zero-VOC paint with zero-VOC colorants allows us to improve indoor air quality, providing a better environment for our employees and residents.
- Alliance proudly became an ENERGY STAR Partner in 2014. This voluntary program (through the Environmental Protection Agency) helps businesses and individuals save money while protecting our climate through superior energy efficiency.
Alliance isn’t just doing business in the local community — we are a part of the community. Through the “Alliance Cares” program, we orchestrate portfolio-wide campaigns to benefit various charities and encourage associates to participate in local volunteer efforts. Our teams donate their time and energy to support many worthy causes and events, including: Tools 4 Schools Toys for Tots Soles4Souls The Boys and Girls Club DoSomething.org Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Rebuilding Together San Francisco’s “National Rebuilding Day” Children’s Burn Foundation The BuddyWalk Shoreline Clean-Ups.